This week I got the opportunity to interview ThePickyTraveller who runs a Scandinavian based luxury travel blog.
1. Where are you from?
Thepickytraveller is actually based in Helsinki, Finland but has lived in many different countries.
2. Could you tell me briefly about yourself?
Thepickytraveller is always searching for the best travel opportunities, and paying attention to the small details that make an experience unique. His goal is to inform you about everything he experiences during his trips, including airlines, hotels, restaurants, and destinations themselves. To ensure unbiased reviews, thepickytraveller remains anonymous.
3. What inspired you to travel?
The need to see and understand the world.
4. How long have you been traveling?
5. How would you describe the way that you travel? Do you stay in a city for a long period of time or visit many cities in a short period of time? Why?
Specialized in upscale travelling, thepickytraveller is open to all kind of travel experiences…as long as there is access to a comfy bed and a shower in the morning! He doesn’t usually spend a long time in each visited place and is not a huge museum fan either but prefers beautiful nature, stunning cities and gastronomy.
6. What are some of your favorite countries traveling? Why?
South Africa for the landscapes. Japan for the culture. Barcelona for the architecture.
7. What are some of your best experiences traveling?
Northern lights in Finnish Lapland. Big 5 safari in South Africa. Boiling mud pots in Iceland. New Nordic cuisine in Copenhagen. Kayaking on Moraine Lake in the Canadian Rockies, just after sunrise. Wandering the deserted streets of Venice by night. Mount Fuji from the Shinkansen. Quad-biking in Santorini. Yurting in Québec.
8. Do you have a blog?
Pictures from Picky Traveller's Travels: